American Exceptionalism & Pop culture Sentimentality


There - I’m not even going to write the post. It just writes itself from the title. Having said that, I am recently divorced, off my meds, living in a ditched camper shell next to a trailer home in a rural area, I am unemployed & without health insurance, sponging off of my elderly parents (oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? I meant to say “helping out my etc”), and I listen to this song and sing and scream and laugh and cry almost every day. I have no stance on this. Just offering it up for you to deconstruct at will (although there’s a merry little discussion to be had on how it’s easier in America for a single/divorced white male to be poor than for just about anybody else, but I’m not gonna go there right now thanks).

No comments:

Post a Comment